Buy a bag of books in your favorite genre. Gently used and contact free!
Have you found a new interest — or a new pastime — during the Shelter-in-Place? Do you long for books on a particular subject… books with no due-dates that won’t need to be returned? Books that are yours, if you’re someone who likes to underline and write in the margins? Or perhaps you’d like to gift a bag of books to a friend?
If so, we’ve got just the ticket — actually, just the bag — for you!
And 100% of funds raised will be used to purchase and catalog new library materials.
- Fill out the form to select a Basic Bag or a Big Bag and a genre or two (such as mysteries or cooking)
- Pay online: $20 per Big Bag with one or two genres or $10 per Basic Bag with one genre.
- Wait for our email letting you know your bag of books is ready for outdoor, contactless pick-up
- Put on your face-covering and come to the Library back parking lot — we’ll have your bag(s) waiting for you!
- Read and enjoy!
- We can’t accept any special requests beyond your chosen genre.
- Beginning August 5, pick-up times are 1-3 pm, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Due to Covid-19 procedures, give us one week to select and prepare the bag for you. All books and bags will have been quarantined for at least 4 days.*
- If your health prevents you from coming by to pick up your bag of books, select $5.00 optional delivery, and we will deliver to the Monterey Peninsula address you provide.
- Any questions? Email us at email@example.com.
* National standards for quarantining returned library materials have been set by a national project with the acronym REALM: Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums. The project is a joint venture of the Federal Institute of Museums & Library Services and OCLC, working with science research not-for-profit Battelle.